Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Kabobs
Serves: 6 // Prep time: 10 minutes | Grilling time: 2 to 4 minutes | Special equipment: metal or bamboo skewers
· ¼ cup honey
· 1 tablespoon minced canned chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce
· ½ teaspoon kosher salt
· 1 pound extra-large shrimp (16/20 count), shelled and deveined
· 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro leaves
1. If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes.
2. In a large bowl combine the honey, chile peppers, and salt. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes or in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat (450° to 550°F).
4. Remove the shrimp from the bowl and discard any remaining marinade. Thread the shrimp onto skewers, three per skewer.
5. Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the shrimp over direct high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until slightly firm on the surface and opaque in the center, 2 to 4 minutes, turning once. Remove from the grill and sprinkle with the cilantro. Serve warm.
Article Source: http://www.weber.com/recipes/seafood/sweet-and-spicy-shrimp-kabobs