Bacon Cheeseburgers with Blue Cheese Coleslaw
Serves: 4 // Prep time: 20 minutes | Grilling time: 8 to 10 minutes
· ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
· 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
· 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
· Freshly ground black pepper
· 4 cups shredded coleslaw blend
· 4 slices thick-cut bacon
· 1½ pounds ground chuck (80% lean)
· 1 teaspoon kosher salt
· 4 thin slices mild cheddar cheese
· 4 hamburger buns, split
· 4 very thin slices red onion
1. In a medium bowl mix the blue cheese, mayonnaise, vinegar, and ½ teaspoon pepper to make a dressing. Add the coleslaw blend and toss in the dressing. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, fry the bacon until crisp, about 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain the bacon on a plate lined with a paper towel.
3. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat (400° to 500°F).
4. Mix the ground chuck, salt, and ¾ teaspoon pepper, and then gently form four patties of equal size, each about ¾ inch thick. With your thumb or the back of a spoon, make a shallow indentation about 1 inch wide in the center of each patty to prevent them from forming a dome as they cook. Refrigerate the patties until ready to grill.
5. Grill the patties over direct medium-high heat, with the lid closed, until cooked to medium doneness (160°F), 8 to 10 minutes, turning once. During the last minute of grilling time, top each patty with a slice of cheese and toast the buns, cut side down, over direct heat.
6. To assemble the burgers top the bottom of each bun with a patty, a strip of bacon (torn in half), an onion slice, and the coleslaw. Serve warm.
Article Source: http://www.weber.com/recipes/beef/bacon-cheeseburgers-with-blue-cheese-colesla