Herbed Squash Casserole
Serves 6 to 8
Baking Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 pounds yellow squash
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Slice the squash into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Steam the squash for 12 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- While the squash is steaming, mix the egg, mayonnaise, chives, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
- Remove the squash from the steamer basket. Add the squash and 3/4 cup cheese to the herbs and stir gently to combine.
- Pour into a 7 by 11 inch baking dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.