Grilled Vanilla Peaches
- 8 freestone peaches
- · 1 lemon
- · 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- · 1 1/2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- · 2 teaspoons water
- · 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- · 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- · 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- · 1 quart vanilla ice cream
1. Peel, halve, and pit peaches.
2. Preheat grill to high. Combine lemon juice and vegetable oil in a bowl. Add peaches; toss to coat. Place peaches (with liquid) on a large piece of parchment-lined foil.
3. Stir together brown sugar, water, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Brush over peaches. Fold foil to form a packet, crimping edges to seal. Grill, covered, for 15 minutes.
4. Slice peaches, and divide among 8 bowls. Top with scoops of ice cream.
Article Source: http://www.marthastewart.com/315978/grilled-vanilla-peaches