PREP TIME: 20 mins
COOK TIME: 30 mins
TOTAL TIME: 50 mins
These no-bake pumpkin cheesecake truffles are so easy to make and are perfect for halloween parties! They are so yummy they will be the first thing to disappear at the dessert table!
- 1½ cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin purée
- ⅓ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- white chocolate chips or white dipping chocolate (like CandiQuik)
- red food coloring
- In a large bowl combine gingersnap crumbs, pumpkin puree, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, cinnamon, salt, and cream cheese. Mix until smooth. Melt ½ cup white chocolate chips and mix into truffle mixture.
- Cover and chill until dough is solid enough to roll into balls - about 1 hour in the fridge or 30 minutes in the freezer. When cold enough, roll mixture into 12-14 balls. Place a toothpick in each ball.
- Melt remaining white chocolate chips or white dipping chocolate in a small bowl. Use toothpicks to dip each truffle ball into the white chocolate, being sure to coat all sides. Gently shake off excess chocolate. Place chocolate-covered truffle balls on a baking sheet or plate lined with wax paper, parchment paper, or foil. Chill for 3-5 minutes until chocolate hardens.
- Drizzle more white chocolate over the truffles. Soak the end of a Q-tip in red food cloring. Dap 2 dots of food coloring to make the mummy eyes. Handle carefully so you don't wipe off the eyes. Store chilled in airtight container.
*makes about 14 truffles and cook time refers to chilling time
*recipe adapted from
Article source: http://lecremedelacrumb.com/2014/10/pumpkin-cheesecake-truffle-mummies-bake.html