Very Berry Pizza
· 1 cup ricotta cheese
· ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
· 5 tablespoons sugar
· 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallizedginger
· Zest of ½ lemon, finely grated with a Micro- plane or zester
· 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, for kneading the dough
· 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1 ball prepared pizza dough, at room temperature
· ¼ cup uncooked grits or polenta, for rolling the dough
· 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (such as canola) or nut oil (such as walnut)
· ½ pint fresh blueberries, picked over
· ½ pint fresh raspberries, picked over
· ¼ cup honey
Combine the ricotta, vanilla, 2 tablespoons of the sugar, the ginger, and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Reserve for topping.
Sprinkle the work surface with the flour. Mix the remaining 3 tablespoons sugar with the cinnamon and knead it into the dough. Set aside until ready to make pizza.
Set the EGG for direct cooking at 400°F/204°C. Preheat a Pizza & Baking Stone.
Roll out and shape the dough, add to preheated Pizza & Baking Stone, and cook the first side of the crust. Use tongs to turn the crust over. Continue cooking until the bottom crust is well browned.
Remove from the EGG and immediately spread it evenly with the ricotta mixture. Let your inner artist dictate how you arrange the berries over the top. Finish with a generous drizzle of honey. Slice and serve immediately.
Serves 2 to 4
*You may also want to try adding the pulp from 2 fresh passion fruits to the ricotta cheese mixture.
*Buy a few extra raspberries and make your own raspberry lemonade.
Article Source: http://biggreenegg.com/recipes/very-berry-pizza/