Spinach, Onion and Three Cheese Calzone
Warm, crispy calzone filled with onions and Parmigiano-Reggiano, Mozzarella and Ricotta cheese. Able to be made in two different sizes with our handy calzone press.
- 1¼ lb dough (60 kg) pizza dough
- 10 oz (285 g) baby spinach
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 sweet onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup (45 g) freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 4 oz (120 g) fresh mozzarella cheese, finely diced
- 1 cup (225 g) ricotta cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- All-purpose flour for dusting
Let the dough sit at room temperature 1 to 2 hours before building the calzone.
Set the EGG for indirect cooking at 400°F/204°C.
Rinse the spinach and let drain. In a pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the sweet onion and cook until translucent, then add the garlic and cook about 1 minute. Add the spinach, cover and cook until tender. Drain the spinach mixture in a colander, pressing gently to remove excess liquid; transfer to a bowl, add the cheeses and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
Roll out the dough on a Dough Rolling Mat and use the Calzone Press to cut out the dough circles and form calzones. Place the calzones on a preheated Pizza/Baking Stone and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Article Source: http://biggreenegg.com/recipes/threecheesecalzone/