Flat Iron Steak Fajitas
- · 2 pounds flat iron steak
- · 2 Tablespoons Better Than Bouillon® Reduced Sodium Roasted Beef Base
- · 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- · 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- · 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- · 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- · 2 Tablespoons chopped garlic
- · 2 Tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- · 2 red bell peppers, cleaned and quartered
- · 1 large yellow onion, quartered
Set EGG for direct cooking (no convEGGtor) at 450°F/232°C.
Mix the Roasted Beef Base, oil, oregano, cumin, pepper, garlic and cilantro in a small mixing bowl. Rub half the marinade over the flat iron steak and refrigerate covered for 2 hours and up to 8 hours. Add the vegetables to the remaining marinade and refrigerate.
Remove the steak from the marinade and place directly onto the EGG. Grill for 4-5 minutes per side. Remove the steak from the EGG and place on cutting board. Let rest for 5 minutes.
Add the peppers and onions to the grill. Grill for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the vegetables from the grill and chop into 1” pieces.
Slice the steak thinly and serve with the grilled vegetables.
Article Source: http://biggreenegg.com/recipes/flat-iron-steak-fajitas/