Green Lightning Shrimp
- 1-2 lbs Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro
- 6-8 Jalapeños
- 1 Bunch of Scallions
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin
- ½ C Olive oil
- 1 Stick of Butter
- Slice the jalapeños and remove the seeds.
- Coarsely chop the jalapeños, scallions, and 3 cloves of garlic.
- Put them in a food processor and chop.
- Add the cilantro, salt, pepper, cumin, and olive oil and puree until everything is combined.
- Put the shrimp and the cilantro/jalapeño mixture in a zip-top bag and marinate for 30 minutes.
- For the Cilantro and Garlic Butter Sauce: Melt the butter, sauté 2 cloves of minced garlic, and then toss in a handful of chopped cilantro. Cook for about 2 minutes and keep it warm until the shrimp are cooked.
- Set up your grill for direct cooking and preheat it to high. While your cooker is getting hot, skewer the shrimp.
- Place the shrimp kebabs on the hot grate and grill until just cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the shrimp to a platter and pour the Cilantro and Garlic Butter Sauce over them.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over the shrimp and serve.
Source From: http://necessaryindulgences.com/2013/05/green-lightning-shrimp/