Green Tomato Pizza with Smoked Chicken and Truffle Crema
· 8 oz (227 g) smoked chicken, pulled
· ½ red bell pepper, slivered
· 8 oz (227 g) fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into thin slices
· 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh corn kernels (drain well if using canned)
· 4 or 5 fresh basil leaves, lightly chopped
Run warm water until it is around 110°F/43°C, then measure 1 cup (240 ml) into a small bowl. Add the sugar and whisk, then sprinkle in the yeast and let sit until it blooms, 5 to 10 minutes.
With a stand mixer, mix together the flour, salt and Italian seasoning. Pour in the water/yeast and blend on low speed until combined. Add 1 tsp (5ml) of the olive oil and continue to blend until a dough forms, then keep mixing for 5 or 6 minutes. Lightly flour a Dough Rolling Mat, dump the dough onto it, and form into a ball. Drizzle the remaining teaspoon of olive oil into a large mixing bowl to coat the inside of the bowl. Transfer the dough ball to the bowl, cover with a damp towel, and let rise until it doubles in size, about 1½ hours.
While the dough is rising, prepare the sauce. Use 1 tsp (5 ml) of the olive oil to lightly oil the green tomatoes and char on the EGG, then set aside. In a small stockpot over medium heat, heat the remaining olive oil, add the onion and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Core and chop the tomatoes and add them along with the salt, pepper, sugar, vinegar and red pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, then decrease the heat and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are soft. Stir in the basil and oregano, then, using an immersion blender (or food processor), blend until smooth.
To make the truffle crema, whisk the crema and truffle oil together. Store covered in the refrigerator until needed.
When the dough has risen, place on a lightly floured Dough Rolling Mat and knead 4 or 5 times, then divide into 4 parts. Roll out each piece into a 10 in (25 cm) circle (the thinner the better).
To assemble, spoon ½ cup (120 ml) sauce onto each crust and spread with the bottom of a spoon. Lay fresh mozzarella cheese on the pizza, then sprinkle smoked chicken, red bell pepper and fresh corn kernels over the pizzas.
Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 600°F/316°C. Add a Pizza & Baking Stone. Dust a Pizza Peel with cornmeal, add a pizza, and slide onto the Stone for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the crust is browned and any cheese is melted. Remove and drizzle the Truffle Crema over the pizza, using a fork. Then sprinkle on the basil and serve.
Makes four (10 in / 25 cm) pizzas
Pizza Dough Ingredients
- · 1 cup (240 ml) warm water
- · 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- · 1 tsp (5 ml) active dry yeast
- · 3 cups (710 ml) all-purpose flour
- · 1½ tsp (8 ml) kosher salt
- · ½ tsp (3 ml) dried Italian seasoning (optional)
- · 2 tsp (10 ml) olive oil, divided
Green Tomato Pizza Sauce Ingredients
- · 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- · 5 medium green tomatoes
- · ½ cup (120 ml) thinly sliced sweet or white onion
- · 2 cloves garlic, minced
- · 1 tsp (5 ml) kosher salt
- · ½ tsp (3 ml) freshly ground black pepper
- · 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- · 1 tbsp (15 ml) white vinegar
- · 2 tsp (10 ml) hot red pepper flakes
- · ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- · 1 tsp (5 ml) diced fresh oregano
Truffle Crema Ingredients
- · ½ cup (120 ml) crema
- · 1½ tsp (8 ml) white truffle olive oil
Article Source: http://biggreenegg.com/recipes/green-tomato-pizza-with-smoked-chicken-and-truffle-crema/