These warm tomatoes are filled with cheesy goodness and are the perfect side dish or appetizer to enjoy during the fall!
- · 4 large ripe tomatoes
- · 2 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter
- · ½ cup finely chopped onion
- · 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- · 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (about 4 slices firm white bread)
- · 4 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar or Extra Sharp Cheddar*, grated (about 1 cup)
- · ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- · ¼ teaspoon salt
- · ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Set the EGG for indirect cooking at 400°F/204°C. Lightly butter shallow baking dish large enough to hold 8 tomato halves.
Pull off stems and cut tomatoes in half crosswise. With teaspoon, scoop out and discard seeds. Lightly salt interiors and set upside-down on paper towels to drain.
Place the Stir Fry & Paella Pan on the cooking grid, add & melt the butter in the pan. Add onion and garlic and stir until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
Increase heat to425°F/218°C, add bread crumbs and continue stirring until crumbs are golden, about 5 minutes longer.
Transfer crumb mixture to bowl and stir in cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into tomato halves and set in prepared dish.
Bake for about 15 minutes, or until tomatoes are tender and filling is lightly browned on top.
*To vary the flavor, substitute Cabot Tomato Basil or Garlic & Herb Cheddar.
Makes 4 servings.
Article Source: http://biggreenegg.com/recipes/cheddar-tomatoes/