Artichoke and Spinach Dip
Everyone loves a good Artichoke & Spinach Dip, and this one is as cheesy and tasty as they come!
- · Cooking spray
- · 2 teaspoons olive oil
- · 1 cup chopped onion
- · 2 cloves garlic, minced
- · 6 cups baby spinach (5-6 ounces), washed and dried
- · 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, rinsed and squeezed dry
- · ¾ cup Cabot No Fat Cottage Cheese or lowfat (1%) cottage cheese
- · 2 tablespoons reduced fat mayonnaise
- · 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- · ¼ teaspoon salt
- · ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- · 4 ounces Cabot Sharp Light Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
- · Whole-Wheat Pita Crisps
Set EGG for indirect cooking at 400°F/204°C.
Heat oil in Dutch oven on EGG. Add onion; cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened and starting to turn golden. Add spinach and garlic; cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach has wilted.
Place artichokes, cottage cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and ground red pepper in food processor; process until smooth. Add spinach mixture and cheese; pulse just until blended.
Coat 3 or 4-cup baking dish with cooking spray.
Scrape artichoke mixture into prepared baking dish(es). Dip will keep, covered, in refrigerator for up to 2 days until ready to bake. Cook 25 to 35 minutes or until heated though. Serve hot.
Makes 12 (¼ cup) servings
Article Source: http://biggreenegg.com/recipes/artichoke-spinach-dip/