- 8 fresh oysters in shells
- 1/3 cup Fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- hot pepper sauce to taste
- salt to taste
- Prep 5 minutes
- Cook Time 10 m
1. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. You may assemble your ingredients while the grill heats up.
- Place the whole oysters on the hot grill. Cook until they open, 5 to 10 minutes - you will hear the juice sizzling on the hot coals when this happens.
- Remove the oysters from the grill, and pry off the top shell. You may want to wear some heavy gloves to protect from the heat. Slide a knife between the oyster and shell to disconnect. Top each one with 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce and salt to taste. Serve in the shell while still warm.
Article Source: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/85163/grilled-oyster-shooters/?internalSource=staff%20pick&referringId=117&referringContentType=recipe%20hub