30 minutes, 8 servings, 168 calories per serving
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces fresh corn kernels
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 8 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 8 slices bacon, cut in half
- 16 toothpicks
- Prep 20 minutes
- Cook 10 minutes
1. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Mix together the cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, corn, salt, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Fill the jalapeno halves with the cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap each stuffed pepper with bacon, securing it with a toothpick. Be sure the toothpick pokes through the bacon as well as the pepper.
- Place the poppers face down on the grill over direct heat. Grill until bacon is crispy and brown, about 5 minutes; turn the poppers over and grill until bacon is crisp on other side, 5 more minutes.
Footnotes: Cook's Note
- These can also be cooked in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Article source: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/219933/bennys-famous-jalapeno-poppers/?internalSource=hn_carousel%2001_Benny%27s%20Famous%20Jalapeno%20Poppers&referringId=117&referringContentType=recipe%20hub&referringPosition=carousel%2001